This week, we want to give you more information about our upcoming membership meeting and business development forum.
The event will be held at the River Club (formerly known as the Confluence Restaurant), 679 West Spring Street in Columbus. Parking is available at the River Club.
A brief membership meeting will begin at 8:00, followed by the forum at 8:30. The membership meeting will include trustee elections.
The forum, JOBS – preservation, JOBS – creation, JOBS – transition, will include speakers and presentations for employers, unions, and employees to help them keep existing jobs and look to the future. One session will also discuss ways to help with employee transition when layoffs do occur.
A Joint session will include presentations from the Ohio Department of Development about their programs to help sustain and grow businesses.
Three sets of concurrent sessions will feature workshops on:
- Succession Planning (presented by the Employee Ownership Center at Kent State University)
- Assistance with Employee Transition (featuring the United Labor Agency Rapid Response program and the Central Ohio Workforce Investment Corporation, the local One-Stop Center)
- Pre-employment Training Programs, highlighting the successful program in Licking County
- Information about Ohio Means Jobs, the website that assists job seekers and employers
- New resources for Job retention provided by CALMC and the Employee Ownership Center
- More information about programs from the Ohio Department of Development
Following the concurrent workshops, the forum will wrap up with a presentation from Hard Hatted Women, an organization seeking to promote women in non-traditional fields. We are tentatively planning a final presentation on What’s Happening in Health Benefits. We hope to confirm that next week.
The forum will wrap up around 12:15.
The forum is free, but advanced registration is required. Contact us if you are interested in attending. You can download a copy of the meeting brochure on the front page of our website http://calmc.org
We hope to see you there!